Opportunities for Volunteers
We are calling on all to volunteer some of your valuable time to support one of a number of projects in our local community. Projects such as:
- Helping with a chat line for Lancashire Carers who need advice, emotional support or just someone to chat to, as being a full time carer can be very lonely. This Chat Line is provided by an excellent charity specialising in support to NW adult Carers called N-Compass.
- Helping at food banks or helping the mental health charity Mind.
- If you have a project in mind, or are involved in one, that needs extra resources, expertise or cash, let us know as we in Rotary may be able to help.
- We are considering organising a clean-up of South Ribble in particular organising litter clearing teams. With the pandemic many more are walking in our parks and country areas in South Ribble and the litter is now in many areas quite awful. It not only is unsightly and unhealthy but can lead to pollution of rivers and ultimately the sea. If you would like to join a group please use the Contact Us page or see below for an email address.
- We are considering tree planting. South Ribble Borough Council have a very ambitious tree planting target and more sites are needed and people to plant the trees too. If you can help with either of these please use the Contact Us page to get in touch or the email address below.
To volunteer or enquire about any of these opportunities email
and we will get back to you within 24 hours.